Monday 9 July 2012

Vintage Sirens


I have been slacking off with the blog posts a little recently, for which I apologise, but it's all in a good cause. I have recently nabbed myself some paid employment at a vintage clothing shop in Teddington, South West London. My official title is Internet Assistant, meaning that I will be involved with the running of the shop's website, the soon-to-be created blog and things such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the like. Although I will be a lot busier, I am still planning to continue with KINOLENS - I've become rather fond of the old girl, after all. However, posts may be sporadic for a while longer until I settle into my new routine.

For the vintage fashion officionados, you can check out the website of the shop, Mela Mela Vintage, here. You can also follow the shop on Twitter @MelaMelaVintage, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram (our username is melamelavintage).

And so that this post isn't completely non film related, here are some of my favourite vintage style inspirations - you'll notice they're all cinema goddesses.

Jane Russell



Kim Novak



Lauren Bacall


Faye Dunaway


Marilyn Monroe

1 comment:

  1. Wooooo ... Lauren Bacall. Eat your heart out, Julia Roberts.

    (By the way, I can hear Faye screaming as she sees that promo shot; EVERYTHING is wrong about it, from her point of view.)

    ReplyDelete