Thursday 26 May 2011

Untitled Blog Post

In spite of the fact that I obviously have, I feel like I haven't sat down in about a month. To outward appearance, I would seem to be at work three or four days a week, then sitting around watching television the rest of the time. This is only partly accurate; my time which is not spent at work is taken up with television (specifically Doctor Who and Game of Thrones), editing the first book (slowly and painfully), researching and writing the second book (not such a great idea to be writing two books at once I know, but I had to do something to take a break from the editing), and putting together an anthology of all the halfway decent poems I've written in the last four years (out of about sixty there are about twenty good ones).

In other words, I'm suffering from self induced chronic fatigue. Still, I do occasionally get out of the house; this weekend I was at Slimelight, London's foremost pit of goths and various other alternative freaks. On Tuesday I was in screen one of the Haymarket Cineworld watching Terry Jones (and by watching, I mean he was in fact in the room) introduce a screening of Life of Brian. Not all of my fun activities involve streaming geekish television shows on the internet and then blogging about them.

Although, talking of which (SPOILERS) wasn't it splendid when Viserys Targaryen got croaked? I forgot to include him on my list of 'Game of Thrones Twats Who Need to Die'. And, even better, it was revealed that Daenerys is in fact 'The Dragon', not her brother. Like there was ever a doubt in your mind, right girls? And almost as good as that, we now suspect muchly that the hideous munchkin Joffrey Baratheon is in fact the inbred offsrping of the Lannisters, and therefore NOT the heir to the Iron Throne, which in turn goes some way to explaining why Jon Arran was bumped off at the beginning of the first episode. Those dirty Lannisters have it coming. Now; in the next episode we want to see more of everyone's favourite bastard, Jon Snow. He seems to have been forgotten about for the time being, freezing himself to death at the Wall. Along with Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen, he is one of the more intriguing characters in the series, and deserves a bit more screen time.

No comments:

Post a Comment